Monday, December 27, 2010

Resolutions

We've opened all the gifts, maxed out the credit cards and bank accounts, devoured most of the rich food and drink, sent out our holiday greetings. What now? More shopping? I think not.

The New Year beckons with a promise of starting over. I love the idea of New Year's resolutions. Goal setting is good for me, and even better for you. What do I want to accomplish in 2011? I have two lists: the "normal" one and the "real" one.

Here's a draft, but check with me next week to see what the final lists contain. Feel free to send me your resolutions for further inspiration.

NORMAL RESOLUTIONS (DRAFT)
Eat five servings of fruits and veggies and exercise daily
Build my savings in order to care for my debilitating old age
Be kind to at least one person every day, and also my husband
Clear out all our closets
Donate to the local food banks and homeless shelters
Sign up for an educational class, like history or science
Communicate regularly with my friends and out of town relatives
Read at least three books about spiritual growth/faith
Never panic


REAL RESOLUTIONS (DRAFT)
Get out of bed almost every day
Remember to brush my teeth at least once a week
Update my resume from its last version in 1980
Give the car its annual hosing off
Meet one friend for coffee after trying for 3 years to get together
Change the bag in the vacuum cleaner
Look for the lemonade in all those lemons

No comments:

Post a Comment